- Session Format: Individual and Parent Guidance/Therapy
- Demographic: Adults, Teens, Children, and Parents.
- Specialized Areas of Focus: General anxiety, social anxiety, fears and phobias, panic attacks, chronic and acute stress, attachment and relational trauma, single-event traumatic experiences (traumatic experience as defined by you), PTSD, women-specific issues and birth-related trauma, emotional overwhelm, and dysthymic depression (persistent low mood, fatigue, somatic symptoms, and feelings of low self-worth).
- Therapy Approaches: (click on the links for more information): EMDR, The Flash Technique, Mindfulness-Based CBT, Somatic Therapy, and EFT.
- In-Person and Telehealth Sessions Available: Online therapy via an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform. In-person sessions are available in the Montclair neighborhood of Oakland with close proximity to highways 13/24/580.
Many of the clients I have worked with over the years in mental health and private practice settings experienced trauma, anxiety, panic disorder, chronic stress, and fears/phobias that have impacted their daily functioning and relationships, and have created a negative sense of self.
When working with children therapeutically, a holistic, child-centered approach is utilized and includes play and sand tray therapy alongside appropriate trauma-focused therapies including EMDR and the Flash Technique. Specialized child and adolescent training in EMDR has been conducted to ensure appropriate methods are used when working with children. Additional attachment-based approaches are used when working with parents and children together and include Theraplay or Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT). Periodic parent coaching and guidance are also an integral part of the therapy process. Many parents have reported that they felt more confident in their parenting after parent coaching sessions and that they developed a closer relationship with their child.
Education & Credentials:
- License: LMFT #44303 licensed since 2007.
- License State: California
- Education: MA Applied Psychology, Marriage Family and Child Therapy.
- BA in Psychology with a minor in industrial/organizational psychology.
- Foundational Certification in Theraplay-based therapy.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP-certified).
- Advanced EMDR training and specialized advanced training in child and adolescent EMDR therapy.
- Advanced training in The Flash Technique.